His Eminence Cardinal Gregory is expected to severely restrict the faithful's access to the Traditional Latin Mass in his Archdiocese.
We invite you to peacefully pray with us for the preservation of the Latin Mass at ALL locations in the Archdiocese of Washington D.C. This Saturday, May 14th, a synodal listening session will be held by the Archdiocese at Our Lady of Perpetual Help (1600 Morris Rd SE) from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. with Holy Mass to follow. Cardinal Gregory is expected to be in attendance and will listen to delegates from parishes in the Archdiocese.
- Please pray for His Eminence to accompany the faithful who love the beauty of the Latin Mass.
- Please pray that Cardinal Gregory refrains from marginalizing those under his care.
- Please pray for His Eminence to have mercy on the faithful who find spiritual nourishment in the Latin Mass.
- Please pray that Cardinal Gregory recognizes the Latin Mass faith communities in his Archdiocese as part of his spiritual family.
- Please pray that he does not push his spiritual children to the peripheries, exiled to worship at a "Mass Center."
Please also consider attending the monthly morning of recollection at St. Thomas the Apostle (2665 Woodley Rd NW) where a Solemn High Mass will be celebrated with the prayerful intention of the continued provision of the Mass and Sacraments in the Traditional Rites in the Archdiocese of Washington D.C. The recollection schedule is as follows:
- 8:00 a.m. Confessions
- 8:30 a.m. Solemn High Mass
- 9:30 a.m. Breakfast in the Parish Hall
- 10:15 a.m. Spiritual Conference (Msgr. Wadsworth)
- 10:45 a.m. Holy Hour with opportunity for Confession
- 11:45 a.m. Benediction